What Is Hypnosis?
- Clinical Hypnosis is the practice of Communicating with a Deeper Part of Your Mind, sometimes referred to as Your Subconscious or Inner Mind. This is done so as to bring about Changes to How You Experience Yourself in the World.
- The Subconscious Mind is where you keep Your Personal ‘Map of the World’. As it’s name suggests, much of the activity in Your Subconscious Mind takes place Outside of Your Conscious Awareness.
- Hypnosis is a way of Accessing the Subconscious Mind. This Allows You to Change How You Think and Feel about Yourself, and The World Around You.
How Can Hypnosis Help Me?
- Hypnosis can help you to Break Up Old Patterns of thought and behaviour and Establish New Powerful Ones.
- Some typical examples are where you have picked up a habit like smoking or overeating or perhaps find yourself worrying inappropriately. These behaviours when they have been repeated often enough become patterned in your Subconscious Mind. They then appear to be happening automatically, almost outside of your control.
- Hypnosis works by bringing these Limiting Beliefs into Your Conscious Awareness so they can be replaced by New Empowering Beliefs.
- If you accept that your thinking is colouring your life’s experience then hypnosis can be useful for you.
How Does It Work
- Hypnosis works by setting aside the limits we put on ourselves when we think about what we can or can’t achieve in life. When we take that attitude our minds become open to new thinking that serves us in a positive way. Hypnosis directs that thinking away from the areas that had been causing us trouble and towards the things we want to achieve in life.
- Will this work for me?
- The success you experience using hypnosis is totally down to your desire to bring about change. If you want that change then yes it will work for you. If you don’t really want change then the effectiveness of hypnotherapy will reflect that.
- Can I be hypnotised?
- The vast majority of people can be successfully hypnotised. The few cases where people cannot be hypnotised are when they are actively resisting the experience or where they are learning disabled such that they cannot understand words spoken to them.
- What is Stage Hypnosis?
- Stage hypnosis is the entertainment side of the art. It often looks like the people on stage are out of control or under the hypnotists spell. This is not the case. The people on stage are simply actively engaging in the show and are following suggestions given to them by a performer. This gives them a platform where they can have fun and go along with the show. They could at any time reject those suggestions and return to their seats if that was their choice.
- Will I lose Control?
- Absolutely not, in fact you will gain control. At no time
- Will I be asleep?
- No. While you may experience deep relaxation and a trance like state you will not fall asleep. Any competent hypnotherapist will make sure of that. You will be aware of everything that is going on around you and yet you will find that you are focussed on the area that you came to work on.
- A strategy of verbal and non-verbal communication is used to eliminate those things that are troubling us and help us experience more of the things we want to in life.
request a call back